17.9.12

native



~ "nocturama is born from the desire of working on a contemporary reinterpretation of the amulet. my fascination with symbology, magic and ritualism has taken me through diverse cultures to ultimately bring me back to the one of my native sardinia. i submerged myself in a world of pagan and religious beliefs, meaningful shapes, materials, and colours. i did not want to create obvious representations of teeth, horns or hands. i decided to use their image in a graphical representation, incorporating those with clean primary geometric shapes such as the triangle, square and circle. combining ethnical references with minimalist aesthetic. the material chosen for this line is bronze. the combination of the three differing colours: gold, white and copper provides a modernity to a traditional material and will beautifully age with time" ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

- + HOME